Tuesday 28 January 2014

Little Miss Pac Rim

Two more scripts in two weeks.

Little Miss Sunshine (shooting script) - KISS. That is the best thing to take away from this script, it is brilliantly simple. I'll keep reading this script over and over.

Pacific Rim (Early Draft) - I prefer the film and this draft was solely written by Travis Beacham. When I saw the film, I enjoyed it a lot for what it was. It was fun. This script has the beginnings of what will become the script. What I took away from this was that the apparent collaboration after this draft and how it improved it. Making some good into something great.

As for my writing: the script reading has helped me to approach screenwriting with another mindset and I managed to write a four page scene during lunch. It was not amazing, but a start. I'll print out my first six pages tonight and work on improving them before pressing forward. The biggest focus I have at the moment is how does it look of the screen and how would people react to seeing thse moments.

I'll probably read another script this week as it is helping me with my approach to writing.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment