Tuesday 4 October 2011

Things are happening

Just got up, set up/renamed my youtube channel. Time to be making use of my ideas for editing.

Why do I want to edit? Well, there is a culture of online editors who can make a compilation of different aspects of one person and join them together, much like the early work of Genghis Con, Machinemen (Hasn't made a video in years), Lookoutawhale and Kahl1one. Note that those four editors are MMA centric, so it won't be to everyone's taste, but the fact is, most MMA highlights are poorly done, the music is nigh identical in most cases with some crap 'gangster rap' or crap 'nu metal' which doesn't sync well with the images shown. The great thing about these four specifically, they all have their own style, something that sets them apart from the crowd.

Of course there are many other great forms of editor, rather than mention just MMA editors.
Gorillaproductions focuses on boxing and has done one extraordinary piece of work.
It takes great use of typography, and who has better one liners than 'The G.O.A.T'

Films are also a huge area that have been covered with such respect for the source material.

And sometimes, playfully ribbing it.



 Or picking away at referential pieces of work.

Or even teach us something we already knew, in a completely different way.
 

Hopefully, I'll have something by January. That gives me enough time to practice, no surprises if it'll take me longer, because I want to show off more than one video on my channel. Much in the same way I told nobody about this blog for a month or so because I wanted to build something up.





No comments:

Post a Comment