Sunday 11 November 2012

I have a new job, and I think it's time for a change. I'd been happy to leave my old job, but the whole idea of working for people is not where my life will go. I prefer the idea of doing my own thing and to magically have enough money to do it.

So I see myself having this job for a little while (half a year at most) and so I'm looking for hacks (shortcuts/tricks) into doing what I want to do in my current job. SO the first step is to buy a very small notebook.

I see myself hiding all sorts of things around the office to help me, but just a simple notebook is a worthy start.

Fortunately my commute has been cut by at least an hour a day, the time I have to get up has decreased by an hour on some days. It's strange to think that there was a point after my dissertation where I was sick of writing and had didn't want to do anything for a while. Now, I feel that writing would give me better perks than the job I've already got, because it's true.

I have benefited from my past two jobs, yet my life feels farcical.

I shall take the following six months to accumulate and eliminate what works for me and what doesn't, the final elimination being this job. I get paid by the hour to do things that don't interest me? That is not life, that is life imprisonment with pocket money. Why save for a life of future enjoyment when you can't have that enjoyment now?

The strangest thing I've noticed since I've finished university, is how much I don't care about comics anymore. I used to be obsessed, spend copious amounts of money on them. There are only a few comics that I like, but I don't really spend money on that kind of thing anymore. Funny how people change like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment