Wednesday 24 August 2011

Moments and lines

I've got a notebook, a nice leathery non-moleskin notebook. It's been written in since May of this year and after three and a bit months, it is half full. It's strange, but I've found an evolution in my notemaking. It started with just film ideas, and has progressed to moments and lines.

Moments and lines that are not anchored by anything, no real relationship. Just minor events and dialogue. Sometimes ideas, stupid inventions. Such as a greenhouse in office space.

One of the things I like to do in my notebook is to pick one of my ideas and it's question and then I keep asking 'Why?' and I can expand a world, a code, regulations, characters, history in a matter of five minutes and onwards.

Wherever I go, I bring my notebook with me if possible. People might have one great idea, but they'd have more if they carried a notebook with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment