Monday 19 September 2011

Nothing's happening

Should I be surprised? As soon as I leave university, I guess I had some sort of hope instilled in me. Home drains me and my aspirations, of course I am more to blame than my current surroundings. I am currently living a part of my life all over again. Old friends don't live here anymore, I don't have anything to do and I want a job.

Whinge, whinge, whinge.

The idealised version of myself doesn't exist at the moment. No targets, no goals, no enthusiasm. I miss Uni. Being surrounded by people with the same interests and just talking the things we care about helped me.

The funny thing is, I can't relate to many people back home. I couldn't give a shit about football even if you paid me and that seems like the main things people talk about.

I know where I want to be, I just don't know how to get there. Another thing is, am I ready? Rent, food, laundry, I don't have to worry about these things, whilst some of my friends have to figure out how to suppliment their lifestyle whilst they move towards writing something.

Like the song, every day is exactly the same.  A treadmill of mundanity.

I need a job that makes me want to get write my way out of it. Here's hoping I get something soon, and I'm fairly confident I shall.

On the brightside, it was good to see friends in Brighton last weekend.

This was another self indulgent broadcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment