Monday 19 December 2011

Aim

I've got goals, I have a mission. 2012 is my year, everybody else can fuck off, I call 'shotgun', I've bagsied it.

I have been relatively inactive for seven months, and now I'm going to try my hand at being a polymath. I took a friends thing 'Bucket List' and turned it into my own thing, I'm not going to post my version, I'd prefer it to just be mine. As you can't tell, I'm not very good at sharing, I like doing my own thing.

What I can say is that my aims on this list are all achievable and possible, but there is a slim chance that Bowie, Floyd or Cat Stevens are going to tour ever again.

I have always felt out of touch with my generation, I don't like our music, I don't like how we dress, I don't like how we talk, but I am not sinking in nostalgia at the same time. Just something else. When people in Junior school were into STEPS with 'Tragedy', there was me going 'Have you heard the original, the Bee Gees are way better' (The Bee Gees are way better).

Instead of buying a Nirvana t-shirt in my teens like everyone else, I bought a P.O.D. (Not a great choice) but it worked for me, I guess. Gelled spikey hair.

I've finally got back to reading scripts again, a few weeks ago I read Tarantino's intended version of Natural Born Killers. I saw the first ten minutes of the film by Stone, but it was crap (I don't understand why Stone has to act like a child who has mastered powerpoints and must show off). I liked Platoon, didn't like Salvador or other pieces. Tarantino's script was not great, it didn't interest me at all. But when I read it, I could see David O. Russel directing it.

Yeah, that's pretty much this blog post, pretty aimless.






No comments:

Post a Comment