Sunday 30 September 2012

Deadlines save lives

Handed in the first 24 pages of my tv drama. Man, I barely got it in on time. About two hours before the cut off for handing in work, I decided to do a third draft. There were minimal changes, but the way I operate is: start from scratch, type it up, don't copy and paste. I think I improved it, then legged it to Uni to print it out and hand it in, with 20 minutes to spare. My heart was pounding. This is probably the first time in a long time, that I am happy with what I handed in and almost exactly a year since I've handed in a script to be marked.

I haven't been paying much attention to this blog, but after the post I just y'know posted, I read my first blog post.

A time when I decided that I would keep it private and build it up and then kind of tell my friends. I won't lie, it still feels like someone in a dark tunnel saying "hello? hello? is anyone else here?" and only getting a mocking echo in return.

I think the idea of writing now has no consequence for me, it gives me no drive.

There are few things that could get me to write. As I started typing this I realised a fantastic one. Ask my Dad to throw me out if I don't write a certain amount of work over a course of time. Fuck, that is a fantastic and daft idea. I might give that ago.

Further reading on my first few blog posts tell me about myself. I've forgotten almost totally about my horrible neighbours, way too over confident when it comes to my writing and what I'm capable of.

There is something quite cruel about coming home to the place you were never truly yourself, but I had no where else to go. Nobody else to stick around with.

I don't like the things my generation should. Probably because some of these people are idiots. I am retreating from society, because I don't think I have anything in common with them. Where is my tribe?


I used to talk to smart people who were in the room. Now, I'm the smart person in the room. I don't consider myself smart to the point that I would find ways to disagree with such a nice compliment. I just don't see how people can be so stupid. We have a new member of staff join us last week, I was talking about the Mexican drug war and he had no clue, but it's cool, he does tattoos and shit.

I'm starting to see why everyone is runs away to London.

No comments:

Post a Comment