Saturday 1 September 2012

Operation New Job

So my job sucks, what more do you need to know?

I don't enjoy it. The money isn't enough for the hours I do, and for the hours I have to be up. I find it pointless to do a job that takes 11-12 hours out of my day when I want to do something else.

So it is time to start looking for other work, preferably closer and less hours.

I have seen the evils of temporary work, I have seen the evils of employment agencies. I've made some money, but money isn't the target any more. Although, I'm not making enough.

Time is something, I've come to appreciate. We only have a limited time until we're all dead. Why should I waste it working for idiots and for tuppence?

The temps I have worked with are from all walks of life and intelligent people. It was good, to work with new people every few weeks. If I lived closer, I might've carried on with it. If I didn't have to work with the senior staff, I'd still work there.

My body still currently works there, but my mind does not. I refuse to be dumbed down into the lagoon of what if in twenty years time.

I got what I needed from this job, but if you're treated like shit, then don't say thank you.

The ideal me would be sacrificed if I remained.

I don't exercise as much as I should. I don't write as much as I should. I don't do enough of anything. My sleep sucks.

This is a pep talk to myself.

A funny thing, I've been battling with the idea of dying since I was sixteen and my lecturer unleashed existentialism on us. What I mean by this is worrying about death, I'm over it now. Fuck it, I die, I die. I've got more important things to worry about than that. Such as figure out how to make films for a living without shelling out grands worth on what might be pointless education.

The great thing is I've never tried that hard with anything, so I know I can do anything.

And now I wait for calls about new work, and do something more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment