Saturday 6 April 2013

Enter the Dragon

"What's your style?"
"You can call it the art of fighting, without fighting"

Just change the word fighting with screenwriting and that is where I am at the moment. Planning the shit out of this script, even the littlest things. I am finding it evolve without writing any dialogue.

Structure is really helping me about how to present the story. Without rewriting draft after draft, this make the whole process easier. Despite being the stuck in the same part of the process from the beginning, it is working for me.

The story is almost completely laid out. The characters are almost defined. I'm not sure if using the monomyth will work for me in the long run. The idea is to find my own version of structure.

Never rush a story, because you'll have a run of the mill piece of shit, a ghost of the influences.

Look for the things that separates your idea from others and maximise that, minimise the clichés, influences and homage. I don't want to see a film that references other films for two hours.

Show me something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment