Tuesday 9 April 2013

Struggle

It's weird to come back to the same scene over and over again, yet never writing it in script form.

At the moment, I'm using an iOS app that is essentially index cards on a cork board. So I am laying out all my scenes out, and stacking cards for different things.

Such as who are involved, what happens, what is the location, where is the conflict and details.

So far I'm on scene 6. It's a grind, but bird by bird, it is coming together. I'm allowing more space in a scenes. I am building up Act 1.

Of course, in the back of my head I am scared that I suck and this idea sucks, the script will suck.

I have to just push through. My god, this is such a difficult thing.

On a side note, I got to read three horror shorts from some friends. I'm really impressed and glad to see that they're still trying, it just reminds me that I am not alone in trying to get something done.

I cannot wait to see what they make as one of them will become a short.

Back to the index cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment