Sunday 9 June 2013

I don't know why it is so difficult to write. I think about writing, but I find the act of doing it in equal parts challenging and depressing.

It is only because I am not a master of writing yarns as of yet. This 25 minute writing thing that I am doing seems to have an effect, but I am still not sticking with it everyday as I initially wanted to.

Another thing is I think this story is too close to my heart and I might need some distance to be able to create situations that I find more entertaining.

Finding ideas that you think are great and then struggling to make them as you intended leads a realisation of either you aren't cut out for this, or you're not cut out for this yet.

Writing a blog seems to be easier to do than a screenplay. I wish it was the other way around. I'm only on page 41 of 120 and the story is just dross. I have no one I can trust to talk to about it and I think that kills the desire and passion for me. I can't find my audience because I can't gauge responses when I talk about it. I don't want to talk about it to people at work, because it's about them and where they work. I would rather they didn't know otherwise I'll end up spouting what I believe and why this job sucks and I am wasting life being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment