Saturday 15 June 2013

Second draft

1 and a half hours of writing today and I got 12 pages out of the way. I was hoping to do three hours, but my concentration was waning, so I cut it short. No point in overdoing it.

I meant to start yesterday, but I just never got round to it. It is nice that I am starting the second draft almost immediately after MY first draft (the one which no one will ever see) because when I have done a second draft, I would take a few weeks or a month off it. However my interest in this project and the enjoyment of improving my process has made it a lot of fun.

A lot of dialogue, not a lot of action. That seems to be my safety at this point. I think on second drafts, I know where my strengths are and stick with them. Proper third and fourth drafts are unknown territory for me.

The third and fourth drafts will be more about cutting down on the dialogue and upping the action. Maybe the fifth about getting the scenes in the best shape and maybe a sixth to make alterations and smooth out what may seem disjointed.

Today, I fucking love writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment